Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Another notch in the mommy belt.......

You know, as you go thru life you get to experience all sorts of things, some fun and others not so fun - but it all comes together in this thing called life.
Well, I got to experience something today that I never had before.....................and don't really care to repeat (been there and done that, thank you very much).

I'm sitting in the living room feeding Colm, Caeden wanders into the kitchen, not really a big deal since he wanders around all the time and there isn't much he can get into. But, I holler "Caeden, come back in here" - he answers back "look at this".............this isn't a phrase he has used much, so I put Colm down on his mat and go into the kitchen. To my absolute HORROR he is sitting on the kitchen floor just inches away from a dead mouse ON MY KITCHEN FLOOR. (insert shocked and horrified face here) I screamed and totally scared Caeden who came running to me crying. I picked him and told him I wasn't mad at him, and he calmed down. I asked him if he touched it, and he said "no", but I washed him good anyway. (first things first) Then I called Kieran's cell and he has it turned off, which I knew he would since he told me he was leaving it off. Then I called my mom. (what are moms for!) After lamenting the fact that none of my 5 brothers or dad are in town since they are fishing till tomorrow; she recommended to first, put both boys in safe and out of the way place - (Caeden went in the crib and Colm in the swing) - then to get a shovel and scoop him up and toss him (of course, we know it's a male mouse cause a female mouse would have been more considerate and died outside) outside. So, that I did................and held onto a bucket in the other hand just in case he started moving He got scooped up, disposed of outside and I came back in and Swifered the floor, just to be sure there were no stray germs around and then retrieved the boys.
Gee, I cannot wait to have my husband home again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HA! Glad I don't have that notch in MY mommy belt yet! May it never be . . .