Wednesday, April 27, 2011

a sister

Introducing..........

Ailish Sinead

Ailish - means "noble, kind", it's a gaelic form of Alice or Elizabeth
Sinead - means "God is gracious", it's an Irish form of Jane

(go HERE and HERE to listen if you need help with pronunciation!)

At 19 weeks, 4 days, she is weighing about 11 ounces. 
All body parts are present and accounted for.
Everything measures nicely and is growing on schedule. 

We are thrilled to be welcoming another girl. The boys are really excited. They've both been pretty convinced the whole pregnancy that it would be a girl, as was Kieran, so confirmation that they were "right" was fun. 
I am always awed by the knowledge of our ultrasound tech, we've had the same one for the last 3 pregnancies and she's really good. She always points out what she's looking at, what things should be measuring and where we are. And though I must say I am pretty good at figuring out what is what in those "grainy black and white shots", I always pretty amazed when she says, "here's the bladder" and "I know, it's hard to see, you'll just have to take my word for it, but those are kidneys"....... wow, the things they can see!  

1 comment:

Terra said...

At first I couldn't figure out how to pronounce her middle name, but after looking at your link I'll never forget it. Sinead O'Connor is my helpful reminder. :P