Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Colm's picture

yes, it's drawn on a scrap of paper left from cutting out "turkey hands".... but too precious not to save!
Colm's been really into drawing lately. I have many, many pictures of all sorts of things. He really likes drawing people and has just started paying attention to details such as pockets and teeth! The other day he was drawing at the table, I was sitting and nursing and I see him waving this page around above his head. I ask what he's doing, he says "she won't take it from my hand"... I say, "huh?".... he says "I drew this picture for great-grandma but she won't reach down from heaven and take it from me!" After explaining that this wasn't a possibility ;-) he said, "well, I guess I'll just take it and give it to her when I go to heaven then". But then he quickly amends his thought with "but if I die, just my skin dies, I will go live in heaven, I don't know how'll I'll carry it..."
Too precious how their little minds work! 

No comments: