Saturday, December 13, 2008

who would have thought.........

I couldn't believe it........ this afternoon I went online looking for an "Evie CD" - you know, that old tape that we always listened to decorating the Christmas tree? It's one of those Christmas traditions and I thought, "oh, that would be a fun CD to have". I figured I would go to Amazon or something and find a CD for maybe $5. I mean really, who listens to Evie anymore. She was popular back in the 70's. Well, to my amazement, her CD's - now no longer being published - are going for quite the big bucks. Here is Evie - Christmas Memories.
It is selling for $85 - and they are sold out, you've got to get on a waiting list!
I found some others on Amazon for as low as $40 for the "Come On Ring Those Bells" CD
and $70 for the "Christmas Memories" CD, which has one of my favorite songs on it.

So, since these songs seem to be hard to get, here's a couple from youtube.com for your listening pleasure.  If anyone can find "Move Me Closer (Shepherd's Prayer) online, let me know!  Here are the words....... that's the best I can find so far.





No comments: