Saturday, May 21, 2011

for posterity sake.....


I keep remembering this story and not writing it down.... so for the sake of posterity... it is recorded! 

A couple months ago we were driving somewhere and Colm - totally out of the blue - announced that he was going to change Tiny's name to Buck. For those that don't know, Tiny is his blue bear, the one sleeps with and is a best friend bear. Not sure how he came up with the name Tiny, but he named Tiny quite some time ago and he is quite the fixture in Colm's life. 
Anyway, I guess he thought Tiny sounded a bit too... something.... and Buck would be a better name for him.He said Buck was a "tough" name. We told him that was fine and moved on. We maybe used Buck as his name a couple times and a few days later Kieran asked him when he asked for Tiny, or referred to him as Tiny, "I thought his name was Buck". Colm said "Oh, I changed my mind, I'm just calling him Tiny now". So, Tiny it is and I guess it will stay ;-) 

Updated.....May 25, 2011.... it's been 3 nights now Colm has slept without Tiny. We had a garage sale this weekend and he "found" a stuffed moose I was getting rid of and he wanted it. Kieran told him he could keep it if he gave up Tiny in return. He agreed. That night he asked for Tiny back. I told him he wanted the moose and not Tiny. After confirming that we weren't SELLING Tiny, he went to sleep. I told him I put Tiny in a safe place to keep him always. He hasn't asked about him again. And though the moose is still in his bed, he's more attached now to a giraffe..... I think mama is more sad about Colm growing up then he is!

Updated again..... May 28, 2011..... Colm is back in possession of Tiny. After him being hidden for the week we pulled out all the garage sale stuff again yesterday and it prompted him asking about where he was. I told him I had put him away safe and I wasn't selling him. This morning he asked Kieran for him back again and Kieran asked me if I wanted to buy Tiny from Colm, he was asking $6 for him. I bought him for $6. Kieran then bought him from me for $7. Colm then asked to buy him back, Kieran had him pay him his original $6 and the moose ;-), Kieran then sold the moose to Caeden for a $1 so he at least broke even ;-) I told Colm when he doesn't need Tiny to sleep with anymore, I can put him up on a shelf in a safe place and we can keep him around. 

No comments: