Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Fourth of July

We spent the 4th of July in Palmer Lake this year. They had a tractor pull competition midday and we went to see all the tractors. Then they did a kids tractor pull and let all the kids drive and use a mini "weight pull" and the boys had a blast.
Somehow in packing lunch and long pants and sweatshirts for later I forgot the camera. Sorry for the poor pictures, but I did get a couple with my cell phone. With the sun shining though it was impossible to see what I was getting!
It was a beautiful day up there, I forgot how much cooler it tends to be then in the Springs! It was nice to enjoy being outside and not be so hot. It clouded up a couple times and then blew over. But the real thunderstorm showed up and rained for about 90 minutes before the fireworks. They still did them in the continuing rain. And we still enjoyed them from the back of the car. Neither of the boys remembered fireworks and had been asking about them so they were thrilled to see them.
The next morning Caeden told me he enjoyed watching the fireworks, but it would have been better if it wasn't raining. I told him I agreed and that maybe next year we wouldn't get rain!
We all had a nice and relaxing day though.

Colm driving the tractor

Caeden's turn - he actually was tall enough to push the gas pedal on his own, quite the look of concentration!

Everybody was a winner!

Alannah watching everything- I love how she just lounges back and relaxes. She was perfectly content in there most of the day.

No comments: